Important Information during COVID-19
During this unique time, we want to assure you that the safety and health of our patients and staff is our highest priority. Our office has always followed the infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and remain up-to-date on the latest guidelines.
In an effort to continue to provide exceptional care, comfort, and service to our patients, we have instituted the following additional precautions:
- We are scheduling visits by appointment only and are unable to accept walk-ins at this time.
- If you have an appointment: Upon arrival, please call the office from your vehicle and our staff will call you back once we are ready to see you.
- If you do not have an appointment: Please call our office and our staff will be glad to make an appointment for you.
- We are asking all patients to enter the office alone, unless they are a minor or require assistance. Please limit escorts to one person.
- Everyone entering the office, including our staff, will be required to wear a mask at all times. Due to the limited supply, we are unable to provide masks.
- All persons entering the office will undergo a screening process, including a temperature measurement and questionnaire.
- Appointments will be made with additional time in between in order to minimize density and enable patients to properly social distance.
- In the past 14 days, if you have experienced any flu-like symptoms, have been tested for COVID-19, or have been in contact with anyone who has, please let our office know.
We appreciate your understanding and patience as we navigate this unprecedented time together.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: